Rain, Rain, Go Away
UGH! Rain Delays are so frustrating – Miggy was just about to hit his second grand slam of the season! Not only are they frustrating, they’re also soo boring. In the time of this rain delay, I’ve attended a meeting, caught up on some emails, played with my dog until he didn’t want to look at me anymore, and I’m still at a loss for things to do. So, instead of complaining about it, I’m going to be proactive – so here it is: Rockin’ Redlegs’ Official Rain Delay Activities List.
1. Reds on Radio Bananaphone. Personally, I love hearing Marty and the Cowboy take calls during rain delays. It’s always entertaining, usually hilarious, and sometimes (albeit rarely) educational. Plus, you never know who’s going to call in!
2. Browse SportsPickle.com. This sports humor and satire site is pretty funny – think the Huffington Post for sports fans. Browse the MLB section for some hilarious baseball headlines. Search “Cincinnati Reds” for some funny (if slightly outdated) material or just check out all the articles. If you’re a baseball fan of any team, you’ll be amused.
3. Support the Reds Community Fund. Sign up for the Summer Wiffle Ball Classic, Marty’s Golf Classic, or just make a donation! The Reds Community Fund does a lot of great things, and you definitely want to be a part of this great organization. Click here to learn more.
4. Play the Rain Delay Drinking Game. Take a drink for each of the following:
- FSOhio shows a sad-looking fat dude in the stands wearing a Reds poncho.
- FSOhio plays something that you don’t care about such as Taekwondo, Arena Football, or the World Monopoly Championship.
- Brandon Phillips tweets during the Rain Delay.
- Double your drinks if it’s not actually raining where you live.
5. Google “Baseball Comics.” If it’s raining and you can’t watch baseball, at least you can read about it. I found a treasure trove of baseball-themed Peanuts comics – this one is especially appropriate for a rain delay:
Hopefully, we’ve given you some good ideas to pass the time during a rain delay – and check it out! Play is scheduled to resume here in 10 minutes so it must’ve worked!
As always, GO REDS!